C’mon over to www.marieforleo.com/2013/02/working-mom-building-business/ where the main discussion happens after the episode!
Being a working mom and building your dream business while taking care of a baby can be difficult to balance. In this episode I sit down with mom, successful author and business owner Latham Thomas to discuss how working moms can balance being a great mom with growing their business.
In this episode you’ll learn Latham’s top 5 tips for taking care of yourself, your baby, and your business when you’re figuring out how to be a working mom.
1. Don’t Victimize Yourself. Change your perspective and instead of thinking “Woe is me” think “Wow is me.” Affirmative thinking is part of the secret of how to be a working mom with a business and baby.
2. Make Nap Time, Dream Time. When your kids are asleep, you should be working on your business, not doing housework. Take this time to strategize, make calls, send emails, etc.
3. Join A Babysitting Co-Op Or Start One. When you’re trying to figure out how to be a working mom without your business or personal life suffering, one great option is to find a childcare share. These groups support each other by taking turns with childcare, thus freeing up time for you to work on your business.
4. Get People On Board. Learn to delegate so you aren’t doing everything yourself, and empower dad to help out. You might even want to get an intern, someone who admires your work and has skills that could help you out as you learn how to be a working mom.
5. Take Goddess Time. All moms need time for themselves. Don’t feel guilty about taking time for yourself – in fact, you should carve out time in your schedule for things you enjoy. When you recharge your batteries, you can show up fully as a mom and business owner.
If you enjoyed this video, subscribe to our channel and sign up for your free weekly business and life advice at www.marieforleo.com
And if you’re interested in more videos on personal growth like this one, check out our YouTube playlist on that exact topic here: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF09676920DB8DB33
Thanks for watching!
My YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/marieforleo
Working Moms on my website: www.marieforleo.com/2013/02/working-mom-building-business/
Working Moms on YouTube: youtu.be/YOsQolbx7WQ