Motivational Success Story Of Elon Musk – From Bullied Boy To Billionaire Who Will Change The World
Elon Musk was born in South Africa. He was a bookworm and awkward young boy, who was really interested in computers and sci-fi. Instead of hanging out with friends, he spent a lot of time reading.
“I was raised by books. Books, and then my parents.”
When his parents got divorced, Musk said he felt sorry for his dad and decided to move with him. But, he soon realized that wasn’t a good idea. In one interview Elon described what he said was a “miserable” childhood.
His father was emotionally abusive and tough on his children, allegedly ordering Musk and his brother “to sit silent for four hours as he lectured them”.
Musk was also brutally bullied in school. His classmates pushed him down a concrete stairwell. One time he was beaten so badly that he needed to go to the hospital.
How his life changed?
When Elon Musk got his first computer, he immediately got interested in programming and started to learn by himself. At the age of 12, he earned $500 by selling a computer game Blastar, which he had created by himself.
When he was 17 he moved to Canada to attend Queen’s University. Two years later He transferred to the University of Pennsylvania, where he received an economics degree and a degree in physics. He began a Ph.D at Stanford University in 1995 but dropped out after two days to pursue an entrepreneurial career.
When I was in college, I wanted to be involved in things that would change the world. – Elon Musk
He sold his first company Zip2 for 300 million dollars at the age of 26 . He then co-founded Paypal which became a great success.
After selling PayPal, he received $180 million. He took huge risks with his money as he invested all of them in both of his new companies.
One of them was Tesla Motors and the second was SpaceX.
Currently Elon is worth $13.6 Billion dollars.
Working crazy long hours and focusing his efforts on making the world a better place, Elon’s life choices are an inspiration and motivation to all.
Whether you want to be the next Elon Musk, or do something that is really important to you, you WILL face hardships on your way to success. That’s the path most of us take. Someone who survived failures has gained irreplaceable knowledge. Because of his perseverance in overcoming the hardships, He will became unstoppable.
Ross Bugden – Music:
Emotional and Inspiring Music – Interstellar (Copyright and Royalty Free) – www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rbVt0z6NLM
Sad and Dramatic Music – Apocalypse (Copyright and Royalty Free) – www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29KVjUXiS8
– Heisenberg Media [CC BY 2.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
– JD Lasica, (www.flickr.com/photos/jdlasica/3017880199/in/photostream/) vie flickr www.flickr.com/photos/jdlasica/3017880199/in/photostream/
– Steve Jurvetson (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) via flickr www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/27315939721/in/photostream/
– JD Lasica, (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) vie flickr www.flickr.com/photos/jdlasica/3017880307/in/photostream/
– The Summit 2013 – Picture by Dan Taylor / Heisenberg Media (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) vie flickr www.flickr.com/photos/heisenbergmedia/10611404353/in/photostream/
– Brian Solis [CC BY 2.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
– The Summit 2013 – Picture by Dan Taylor / Heisenberg Media (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) via flickr www.flickr.com/photos/heisenbergmedia/10611166416
– NASA/Bill Ingalls [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
– Steve Jurvetson (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) via flickr www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/29680101130
– Maurizio Pesce (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) via flickr www.flickr.com/photos/30364433@N05/8765031426
– Steve Jurvetson (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) via flickr www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/18659265152
– Steve Jurvetson (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/) via flickr www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/16549440890/in/photostream/
Are you feeling down and empty with all hope lost, or maybe you are having a bad day. Are you feeling depressed and full of anxiety on a daily basis, or you’re feeling like a complete failure?Do you need that spark of inspiration that will make you stand off that couch and stop feeling sorry for yourself? Are you tired of being unhappy, unfulfilled, not confident? It’s time to change your mindset! Do you need just a little bit of motivation to change things? The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.
You’re on the right place.